Which type of events does EUROAVIA organize?
EUROAVIA organizes a lots of events like space rendez-vous, company visits, social events (all around Italy and
also abroad) and international challenges.
Most of the activities mentioned before are free for EUROAVIANs and only a few of them (i.e. international events) require an additional fee.
Which are the Working Groups?
- Communication WG: responsible for the promotion of the Association and its events on its communication channels and to show a strong image of the AS both to partners and members.
- Design WG: responsible for creating the event’s promotional material (i.e. banner, poster, photo editing), designing the Association merchandise and managing the Corporate Identity.
- Information Technology WG: responsible for maintaining and improving the website, updating the newsletter system and advising the Local Board on IT issues.
- Public Relations & Events WG: responsible for the event organization by contacting lecturers, providing facilities in which to host the events and defining their schedule. This WG is also responsible for finding new sponsors and partnerships between EUROAVIA Forlì-Bologna and third parties, from academic to corporate and even institutional entities.
What is the Local Board?
The Local Board of EUROAVIA Forlì-Bologna represent EUROAVIA on a local level and is a body made up of 3-7 members elected during the annual Local Electoral Meeting and who jointly oversee the activities of the association.
What is EUROAVIA?
EUROAVIA is the European Association of Aerospace Students, representing the interests of over 2000 students from 42 universities in 18 European countries. Established in 1959, EUROAVIA wants to be a bridge between companies, universities and students. Its goals are:
- promote European cooperation in the aerospace field by providing opportunities for our members to meet, exchange and learn at all levels.
- internationally represent European aerospace students.
- acquaint student members with their future working environment stimulating contacts with the industry.
EUROAVIA works to develop current and future leaders promoting the EUROAVIA Spirit, a set of common values based upon hard work, innovation, cultural awareness, teamwork and international networking.
Being both a non-political and non-profit association, EUROAVIA is managed exclusively by voluntary students with its various activities and projects entirely financed by membership fees, sponsorship and participation fees.
What are the Working Groups?
Working Groups are the operating parts of every local EUROAVIA’s association.
There are different types of WGs (Workin Groups) each is responsible for different tasks that help to keep alive the organization and is made of EUROAVIA members which often are students too.
Join one of them to improve your skills and help us to operate the local EUROAVIA!
I don’t have any experience, can I join a WG?
Absolutely yes! You can join a WG to increase your skills, learn something new, make new friends or to be directly involved in the association.
How much time do I have to dedicate to EUROAVIA?
This is by far the most asked question and the answer is that it really depends on you. Being an association, you can just be a member and do nothing else. In that case you would still support our activities with your membership fee and we would be happy with that.
Starting from this, there are different levels of engagement with EUROAVIA activity: you can participate to one or two conferences during the year, you can join a workshop, you can take part in an international competition or you can go to an international event. Then if you want to have an active role in the activities, you can join a local working group and maybe after some time an international working group.
Finally, if you want to have a management role in the activities you can candidate for a position in the Local Board and maybe at some point in the International Board. There are no limits to your involvment in EUROAVIA but remember, the more you bring, the more you get!
How long does the membership last?
The membership is on an annual base and goes from September of the current year to September of the following year. This mean that if you become a member in February for istance, your membership will last until the next September, not until the next February.
This is done to align our Business Year to the one of EUROAVIA and to the University Academic Year. Every year indeed, we have to communicate the number of AS Forlì-Bologna members to EUROAVIA and pay the fee accordingly.
How can I join EUROAVIA?
You can visit the EUROAVIA Forli-Bologna Website and fill out the member subscription form, write to email@example.com or speak with one of the Local Board members. Then you have to pay the 10€ fee using one of the methods indicated on the website and after that you became officially a member of EUROAVIA Forli-Bologna.